Despite the high demand for the service, you can find only a few decent logistics mobile programs on the market, that’s to say, the given segment offers increased opportunities to introduce a prosperous application with no hazard to face cut-throat competition.
We’d like to share the secrets of designing an excellent transportation resource, but, first things come first.
Features of an Uber-like app
Such kind solutions shall provide a separate set of parameters for each of the following groups of customers:
- transport operators;
- managing persons.
Furthermore, you could implement functions intended for facing the challenges of goods carriage. It makes sense to explore all types of logistics mobile services to determine which one you intend to create.
Functionality for freight consignor platforms
- Logging in. Both organizations and separate individuals could be users here. In fact, everyone who’d like to send cargo via a logistics program shall be capable of getting registered and placing orders. Fast signing up procedures will be appreciated. The verification of the audience is required to guarantee the highest data protection.
- Truck reservation. After the registration, a client will need to book a car to transport the consignment, thus, there must be corresponding tools.
- Truck tracing. Each customer wishes to know the precise location of the vehicle that transports his/her goods. Every car has to be equipped with instruments to be tracked in real time.
- Booking history. Shippers will enjoy the possibility to check the full history of previously executed orders.
- Payment gateways. Logistics and transportation mobile applications shall allow persons to pay online for the services provided. For this purpose, 3rd party payment solutions, say, PayPal and others, are to be integrated.
- Notifying system. Adding the given feature will serve to create a successful app able to give notice to individuals about orders status.
Functionality for transport operator resources
- Logging in. Carriers shall get registered as well, and proper authorization is similarly critical here.
- Search mechanism. The mentioned parameter is to facilitate and speed up the process of seeking next orders. Sorting & filtering means are a must to allow users to find available orders with relevant characteristics.
- Order description. After having found open orders, carriers shall have the opportunity to check the details and ensure it works for him/her.
- Computing optimum routes. Uber-like software for trucks shall figure out the best possible itineraries. Varied factors – the required shipping time, possibilities to get around traffic jams, etc. – have to be considered in this regard.
- Confirmation on orders completing. Whenever a specific order is executed, carriers shall have tools to prove it to clients.
This set of functions is aimed at organizations owning their own transport parks and delivering freight transport services. In order to arrange all in-house business procedures, logistics online systems should offer such possibilities, as:
- Instrument board listing the orders and their status, so managers can check all details on freight consignors, transport operations, and orders themselves.
- Means to track trucks and drivers for greater control over the process monitoring movements realtime.
- Tools to manage financial transactions to arrange the process appropriately.
- Peculiar notifications to remind drivers about key points, like, checking vehicles, inspecting cargo, and others.
- Reporting mechanisms to keep an eye on business performance, as well as the achievements of each driver.
When having a small budget at your disposal, you don’t have to introduce the features mentioned below. The most critical functions are the ones we’ve already discussed, and those are mandatory to launch a successful Uber-like framework for logistics.
Nevertheless, as part of your continued upgrading program, you might consider the implementation of such options, as:
- in-application messaging to communicate by means of your platform;
- QR-code scanner to avoid potential errors or confusion;
- decent linguistic support to be able to cover wider geographical areas.
Developing a logistics and transportation mobile application
We shall distinguish the precise steps to take in order to design a respectable goods transportation resource.
# Figure out the underlying concept of your software
You might assume you have a clear vision of your framework, still, to make it more specific, it’s better to find answers to the below questions:
- What exactly are you planning to provide your audience with?
- Which kind of a transportation system do you wish to make?
- Have you already thought of a promotional plan to introduce?
The idea is to clearly define what online product you’d like to build, and what you expect to receive from it.
# Carry out a comprehensive market research
Business expertise is what you shall begin with. It means before starting the creation of an app in question it’s obligatory to conduct an in-depth study of the market conditions. In practice, here are the pivotal points to consider:
- exploring what your targeted public expects and needs;
- analyzing competitors in order to figure out their strengths and shortcomings;
- researching current digital dynamics.
The details you gather shall establish the basis for your development planning.
# Search for a reliable transportation service designing agency
While hunting for a company that will develop your mobile solution, you shall make sure the organization you go for will satisfy the criteria enumerated below:
- Being open up to compromise. You will need to collaborate with those people during a long period of time, thus, you better figure out ahead of time whether you will manage to get along with each other.
- Specialized expertise. Before hiring a particular company, you have to understand if they’re properly qualified to carry out the tasks you need.
- Reasonable price. Clearly, the financial aspect matters as well. Just be careful since being expensive doesn’t always a synonym for high-quality.
# Appreciate your key concept
You as a future app owner have done your part of performing initial market analysis, as well as generating an overall picture of your platform. Now it’s the task of specialists to evaluate your project from the professional point of view.
The agency you resort to has to be capable of answering the primary questions below:
- What is your program’s probability of success? Could the adjustment of certain strategy points improve those chances?
- What amount of money you’ll need to implement the given project?
When you correlate the drafted concept with the budget, you will manage to establish the most relevant and competent action plan.
# Decide on the key functionality
When having an unlimited budget at your disposal, you could simply move on without paying attention to this specific point. If not, you will need to compile a list of fundamental parameters, not having which your application will fail to compete against existing truck delivery resources.
It’s actually called the MVP version, and in due course, you could enhance the capacities of your software by implementing other functions you wish.
Moreover, if starting with an MVP model, you can easily figure out your customers’ reaction to upgrade your system in accordance with their expectations. No need to guess what to provide people with, cos you will see all their preferences.
# Build your Uber-like framework for transportation
Every phase described above is mandatory to get ready for the most important moment – the creation itself, so the designing team is good to proceed. It doesn’t make much sense to explain each detail of the process. Let’s just say, it includes UX/UI making, programming, testing, prototyping, and many other critical stages.
# Publish your solution
When it’s all done and tested, the service is completely ready to get presented to the world by means of being published in the Google Play or/and App Store.
Freight transportation is considered to be a truly demanded service, so we wish you come up with a great logistics platform to facilitate the process of searching for new orders, as well as communicating with the audience.